iSisters is committed to safeguarding the personal information entrusted to us by our stakeholders. We manage personal information in accordance with the Federal Protection of Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and other applicable laws. This policy outlines the principles and practices we follow in protecting personal information.
SCOPE OF POLICY:
This policy applies to information gathered by iSisters during the process of conducting regular work. A copy of this policy is posted on the iSisters website.
KEY TERMS DEFINED:
‘Personal information’ means information about an identifiable individual. This may include an individual’s name, email, home address and phone number, age and gender.
Collection of personal information
- iSisters collects only the personal information that we need for the purposes of fulfilling our mission.
- iSisters normally collects personal information directly.
- iSisters may also collect information via our partners, website, social media, and our Learning Management System (LMS), iTeachnology.
- iSisters aims to inform individuals, before or at the time of collecting personal information, of the purposes for which it is collecting the information. These purposes may include the delivery of requested services or the communication of information such as newsletter updates.
- iSisters assumes that consent is provided to continue to use previously collected information for the purpose for which the information was collected.
- An individual may withdraw their consent to use and disclose personal information at any time unless the personal information is necessary for iSisters to fulfill its legal obligations.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
- iSisters does not disclose any personal information unless as required by law. iSisters also does not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose mailing lists.
- iSisters makes every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is accurate and complete. iSisters relies on individuals to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect their relationship with our organization. Anyone who is aware of an error in iSisters’ information should contact iSisters. iSisters will respond to this request within 30 calendar days, unless an extension is granted.
- iSisters protects personal information and will make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
- iSisters uses appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
- iSisters retains personal information for as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or for legal or business purposes.
- If iSisters becomes aware that a data breach containing personal information of an individual or individuals has occurred, iSisters will follow requirements as set out by PIPEDA.
- For any questions, access or withdrawal requests, or corrections to personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Director is responsible for the protection of personal information at iSisters. The Chair of the Board is responsible for the protection of personal information regarding the Executive Director.
- Fundraising Policy
- Risk Management Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Marketing Permission Form
- April 28, 2014
- Jan. 22, 2019
- Dec 15, 2020
- May 17, 2022